Humanity 101: Classroom Rules
1. YOU WILL RECEIVE A BODY. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire class period.
2. YOU WILL LEARN LESSONS. You are enrolled in a full-time school called Life. Each day in this school, you will learn lessons. You may dislike the lessons, you may think them irrelevant, you may choose to ignore them; nevertheless, they are there to be learned.
3. EACH LESSON WILL BE REPEATED UNTIL IT IS LEARNED. Lessons will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned them. Only when you have mastered a particular lesson will you be permitted to move on to the next one.
4. THE LEARNING OF NEW LESSONS DOES NOT END. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are still alive, there are still new lessons to be learned.
5. THERE ARE NO MISTAKES. Growth is a process of experimentation, of trial and error. Your "failed" experiments are as much a part of the educational process as are the ones which ultimately succeed.
6. THE OTHER STUDENTS ARE MERELY MIRRORS OF YOU. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
7. THERE IS NO TEXTBOOK. The answers to all of life's questions and challenges lie within you. All you need to do in order to prepare for the final examination is look, listen, and trust.
8. YOU WILL FORGET ALL THIS!
Return to CST 126 Handouts or CST 229 Handouts.
Return to For NOVA Students.
Return to Home